We are currently actively seeking locations to be site hosts for lockers. Ideally, sets of 3-7 lockers would be installed in close proximity to downtown Madison or along bus routes at participating commercial and non-profit business properties. The custom lockers will be designed using urban camouflage to blend in with their surroundings.
If you are able to host a bank of lockers or are able to connect us directly with property owners, please email us.
Urban-Camouflaged Lockers for Madison’s Homeless
- Secure storage while individuals sleep, interview and work
- Decreased stolen, damaged, or lost possessions
- Predictable access to a case worker or street outreach volunteer who will advocate for them
- Placement on the Housing First list for the most vulnerable
- Feeling of security, relief, and self-worth
Collaborative effort by FSSF, the City of Madison, Dane County, & Department of Administration and Social Services.