The Beacon is located at 615 E. Washington Ave in Madison. Parking and entrance is around back off of East Main Street. When you arrive, please park and check in at the desk.
The Beacon has carts available to help transport items in and out. They will also supply tables, serving utensils, plates, utensils and napkins. Donations of disposable products are always appreciated.
Please check our calendar below for available dates to host a Food Run.
Suggestions to host a successful Food Run:
- 6-10 adult volunteers (children are welcome but must be supervised at all times)
- 4-5 large Crockpots or Nescos full of hot dishes or vegetables
- 100-200 sandwiches
- 70-100 pieces fruit (bananas and oranges are preferred due to dental issues)
- 100-200 “Grab-N-Go” snacks (hard boiled eggs, soft/chewy granola bars, individual bags of chips, cheese sticks, fruit or pudding in a cup, applesauce)
- 100-200 bottles of water
- 100-200 cookies/cake/brownies/bars for a dessert
When taking photos of your group volunteering to share with us, please respect the guests you are serving and do not take their photo. We encourage you and all adult volunteers to join our Facebook page.
For further information please email us.